B(A)D NEWS – Angry voices from around the world – Episode 2 (07/2017)
„B(A)D NEWS – Angry voices from around the world“ is a monthly news program from the international network of anarchist and antiauthoritarian radios, consisting of short news segments from different parts of the world. As an international network of radio projects, we believe in the importance of international solidarity. And we also recognize the importance and the need to create and disseminate our own media and counterinformation.
We hope, with this effort, to reach out to other anarchist and antiauthoritarian projects, groups and individuals, and to strengthen our connections and our struggles in sharing our stories.
Although this program is in English, we recognize that even this ‚international‘ language can be alienating to some and we want to encourage others to create and share similar content in their own languages.
Below you can find an audio link which introduces the concept behind Bad News, as well as our second episode.
We want to hear the Bad News first!
* Radiozones Of Subversive Expressions, 98FM in Athens: Recent threats of attack by the Telecommunications authority for the possibly benefit of a private, pirate radio station
* 105fm : Resistance to a rape by a security guard at University of the Aegean
* The Final Straw: August 19th Prisoner solidarity activities against slavery in the U.S. & information on the suppression of 214 inauguration protesters arrested in D.C. on January 20th, 2017 & the week of solidarity with J20 arrestees from July 20-27th
* Rosas Negras: Social activism for the defense of Trans-gendered people in El Salvador
* Dissident Island: Segments from recent episodes: 10th anniversary, Peter Gelderloos, housing activism in the UK, homeless “aid”
* A-Radio Berlin: Eviction of Friedel54 in Berlin and resistance in Hamburg against the G20 Summit
* Radio Kurruf: Killing of two mapuche at the hands of a cop in Wallmapu